Monday, May 3, 2010

#othersituation2010 AKA: 2010 FLOOD

As many of you know it has been a rough couple of days here in Nashville. 18" of rain has fallen and the river is still rising. I am one of the lucky ones, yes I am with out power for the next couple of days, and yes there was a mud slide in my parking lot. But I'm still alive, and have a place to live, and my house isn't under water with out flood insurance.

This kind of flooding hasn't happened in Nashville since 1926 and before that it was in the 1880's... I have collected several photos of downtown Nashville this morning that are amazing...and not in a good way.


The power went out at my place sometime yesterday afternoon and there wasn't much to do. I decided to go take a look and see what was going on in my apartment complex and this is what I found...

A mudslide...

That turned into a bigger mudslide...

14 hours later still one big mess to be cleaned up...

Of course we did what everyone else would have done...we grabbed a beer and went and stood in the rain and watched the hill side slide...hey, there was nothing else to do...and everyone else was doing it...

I also went on a hunt to find out how we lost power...I found it...Another mudslide, this one was on the other side of the building...A tree got uprooted and fell on the power line...


NES came out around midnight and cut the tree down, and restored power to the A and B building in our complex...but the rest of the complex is with out power. Maintenance is saying that it will be three days before we get power. I guess it will be more mini camp stove cooking...


What an adventure!

All in all we are dry, safe and sound...We are so lucky that we didn't lose a thing, like so many have here in Nashville...

My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone who has been affected by this horrible flood.

E


No comments: