Saturday, May 8, 2010

H2010 - Serving Saturday - Flood Relief

Today was serving Saturday at Cross Point, where we continued our flood relief efforts. Here are some more amazing photos of what it is like in some of the hardest hit areas.

In this area, people were not able to get back into their homes until today...There were some washed out roads, and th water had receded enough.

This house was completely underwater for several days... you can see the water line on the house. Unreal.






I got to make lunch for our crew...PB&J's off the hood of my car! Don't tell - I know we are on water restriction - but I did use a bottle of water to wash my all the grape jelly off my car... I figure I was in Cheatham County so it was alright, right?

Back to work...

This house was completely untouched before we got there and got in it...Everything in the yard, we pulled out...It took us a while but we got this house down to the studs...

This was across the street from this house we were working on... Take a look at the boat... that is where it landed.


The Cumberland River....

I am so thankful that we stumbled across this neighborhood, they needed help so so badly....

E


No comments: