Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Birthday Weekend!

It is official I am a homeowner! Things have been absolutely crazy these past four days so I have not had a chance to update you with all the exciting news. Well that and I don't have internet at home yet. (Not having it does help with productivity, however)

My 27th birthday was the best birthday ever!

The morning started off with finishing up the packing, a little relaxing, and waiting to sign my life away ;)

Closing was set for 2pm, but things were pushed back to 3pm, great for my nerves, right? After closing I went to pick Casey up and get the keys and head to the house...how exciting MY house!

By the way, my phone was exploding all day, beeping, ding
ing, buzzing and curplinking... Thank you everyone for all the Birthday and Happy House wishes...

We went over to the house and the sold sign was in the front yard, and there was a Happy Birthday banner on the front of the house... How sweet of the builders, right?!



Three of the houses in my building closed on Friday, mine, my next door neighbors, and the other end unit. And both sets of neighbors were there too so we got to meet them and say hi! I think they are going to be awesome neighbors!

So we go in and take a look around the first floor, and it looks awesome!

The next thing I know, my door bell is ringing... I go and answer the door, thinking that it was my new neighbors, and I got the biggest surprise of the weekend...


MOM AND DAD!

I was just saying that I wish they were going to be out here this weekend, I wanted to share it with them. My wish came true! They came with flowers, a cake and ballons (they were also the ones that put the sign out front!)


What a wonderful weekend, full of surprises... and the best birthday ever!

I will make sure to post before and after pictures as the decorating begins...so keep checking in!

E

No comments: