Sunday, March 20, 2011

Bedroom: Headboard

While I was on the cruise there was dark stained wood everywhere -- doors, table tops, even on the walls and knew that was my inspiration for my headboard!

And, really... It was Casey who did most of the work and thought behind the project So I have to give him the credit for my headboard!

I like to be thrifty when I can, so I knew that I didn't want to go to West Elm and buy a massive headboard... I just wasn't in my budegt... and I couldn't justify spending that kind of money when I knew it was possible to do it for much less with a trip to Lowe's. In total, the headboard cost just about $100.

On trip #1 to Lowe's we picked up two hollow doors...Here are the really cool things:
- The holes for the door knobs are not drilled in them
- No sanding needed
- $26 each
I also picked up some stain and rub on polyurethane... which was another $15 bucks.

My "dining room" was then turned into a shop and we stained the doors....

I think we ended up doing 2 or 3 coats of the stain, and one coat of the polyurethane.

Next there was another trip to Lowe's to get fasteners ($10) and a trip to big lots to get rope light ($20)... Yep this sucker is back lit!

Casey worked his magic, and I stayed out of his hair... but did manage to get this picture in the process..


And here is the final product!


I am so excited with the way that it turned out!

THANK YOU CASEY!!!

E

1 comment:

Katie R said...

Yay Casey Fay!! It looks great!! Glad you had a good time and feel inspired :)