Thursday, November 4, 2010

The Scariest Place...

Sometimes I think the scariest place to be is all alone with your own thoughts...

I can tell that it is November...I am in the thick of things at work, and about to head in to the last push for the fall...We've hit the halfway point in the football season, and a little part of me can't wait 'til it is over...Recruitment is gearing up...and burn out is right around the corner, I can feel it...

Don't get me wrong I LOVE all of these activities and I am so blessed to have an amazing job...This is just the time of the year that they all seem to demand the most of me...When I get worn out, I get overwhelmed with my own thoughts which can be very scary at times...Like,

Why do I take on so much?
How do people do what I do and have a family to tend to?
Are all my extra activities good or bad?
Is this helping shape my future positively?
Are they keeping me from meeting someone, or giving me the opportunity to?
Is this what God wants me to be doing?
Am I using the talents, skills and abilities I've been given properly?
What are my talents, skills and abilities?
Am I good a anything?

Then I hyperventilate...

And really the questions I ask myself could go on and on...but at some point I have to quit, and just TRUST. Trust that these things are coming up because I am drained...Which might be an even scarier place to be, because you start to worry, and doubt...

Then I sit here and look around, and see how amazingly blessed I am. I have phenomenal friends. A incredibly loving and supporting family. A life that I really do love.

E

No comments: