Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Houston Adventure

I had my first out of state adventure of the year! I spent this past weekend in Houston, TX. It was so great to see Jenny!


I got into town Friday morning and my flight was 35 minutes early! CRAZY! I don't think I have ever been on a flight that got in that early. Jenny had to work a 1/2 day so I hung out for a while, people watched, read some of my book, and just relaxed till she came to pick me up. We went and grabbed some Mexican (I was in need of some good Mexican Food) so good. We then went back to her place, and saw Phil, and then decided to go get pedicures... let me tell you these pedis were crazy, we got every treatment you could think of... Limes were squeezed onto out toes ( I have no idea what that is about, but whatever), a mask for our legs, hot stone massage, hot wax on our feet, and I think that there was another treatment or two that I can't remember. We got all of this for only $30. We were both about to fall asleep.


Jenny and Phil

We made it back to Jenny's and Max had made it to town, and he and Phil were chillin'. So us girls got to be our girly selves. We played dress up and finally decided on super cute outfits to go out in. We made it to the Flying Saucer downtown and had dinner and couple beers, it was fun.


Emily and Max

On Saturday, I slept in LATE, I could not believe it was 10:30 when I woke up. Phil was sick when he woke up. So, Jenny, Max, and I spent the day hanging around Houston. We decided to cook dinner and had penne ala vodka. It was quite yummy!


Our lovely dinner

Sunday morning we made waffles from scratch, it was so nice to cook in Jenny's kitchen. I love all of her kitchen gear... I am jealous... I need to get married just so I can register to get kitchen supplies. Kidding. After breakfast Jenny and I went out for some girl time... SHOPPING! It was a wonderful afternoon.

What a great trip to Texas! I consider this trip a very successful one especially because I came back to Tennessee in one piece and with my wallet!

1 comment:

jenellis3883 said...

It was so good to have seen you that weekend. I'm glad you had fun. I miss you!!! Hope to see you soon!